the w8fgu shack
The W8FGU operator in command of his modest domain.
Yes, we eat pretty well at the fire station.
My current setup consists of:
- Elecraft K3/100 Transceiver #338
- Elecraft K2 Transceiver #5099
- Elecraft KPA100 100 watt amp and KAT100 auto tuner in a separate EC2 enclosure
- Telepost LP-100 Digital Vector Wattmeter
- Bencher Hex-Key paddles
- Homebrewed 140', window line fed, wire antenna up at 35 feet in the backyard.
Other things on the desk are from my Grandfather's shack. The old W8FGU microphone, desk clock with 10 minute timer and an old Radio Shack DX-150 receiver.
My shack is located in a sound dampened room that was originally built to house my drums (so that my wife could hear herself think while I practiced). I now have my drums on one side of the room and my desk, workbench and storage on the other side. All in all, it's pretty cozy considering I know guys who operate in outside storage shacks.
Updated desk layout to add the K3